Married Elizabeth Trulock on June 4, 1846 in St Anne's Parish, Dublin. In 1854, Joseph Harriss went into partnership with his brother-in-law George Trulock. The business, formerly known as 'E. Trulock and Son', became henceforth known as 'Trulock and Harriss'. Then, in 1898, Richardson, a gunmaker from Cork, joined and the company became known as 'Trulock, Harriss and Richardson', even though at this stage there were no Trulocks left in the business. The business ceased to exist in 1914.
In the 1881 census, Philip Webley (aged 68) was recorded as still living at 386 Bristol Road with Caroline, only James (aged 38) was living with them. Henry Webley (aged 34) was recorded as a widower living on his own at 6 Vicarage Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, his first wife was Julia Harriss whose brother was J Harriss of Trulock & Harriss of Dublin).